The Public Information Office reports the details of a Fire that occurred at 9:15 pm on Wednesday, August 24, 2022 in Syosset.
According to police, officers responded to 24 Oak Street for a fire at Comfort Inn. The Syosset Fire Department responded to the scene and extinguished a minor fire that was coming from a dryer vent in the laundry room. Officers safely evacuated the occupants and no injuries were reported. The fire did not cause structural damage to the building, however the structure sustained extensive water damage.
The fire is deemed non-suspicious at this time and is under investigation.
Details by: PIO 08/25/22/0430/8834