The Third Squad reports the arrest of two men for multiple larcenies that occurred on Wednesday, April 12, 2023, at approximately 2:30 AM in Williston Park.
According to Detectives, Officers were on patrol when they found a 1999 Ford E350 van occupied by two males behind the Ihop located at 145 Hillside Avenue who were stealing the used cooking oil. Officers activated their emergency lights and conducted a Vehicle and Traffic Law stop. The Defendants Eduardo Gutierrez Benitez, 48, of 50 Richmond Street, Brooklyn and Andres Felipe Duarte Pineda, 23, of 350 Williamson Street, Elizabeth, New Jersey were placed under arrest without incident and the vehicle was impounded. Subsequent to the investigation, it was determined the defendants were responsible for larcenies of used cooking oil from the following locations:
• Ihop- 145 Hillside Avenue, Williston Park
• Café Sport – 361 Hillside Avenue, Williston Park
• Uncle Bacalas- 2370 Jericho Turnpike, Garden City
• Jonathan’s Restaurant- 3000 Jericho Turnpike, Garden City Park
• Shah’s Halal Food- 3334 Hillside Avenue, Garden City Park
• Brew House- 924 Hillside Avenue, New Hyde Park
• Dominicks Italian Deli- 401 Herricks Road, New Hyde Park
• Amalfi Pizza- 49 Old Shore Road, Port Washington
Defendant Benitez is charged with seven counts of Petit Larceny. Defendant Pineda is charged with eight counts of Petit Larceny. Both were issued an Appearance Ticket returnable on Friday, May 12, 2023, to First District Court 99 Main Street Hempstead.