The Major Case Bureau reports the details of an arrest for six bank robberies and three attempted bank robberies that occurred between Monday, 11/07/16 and Friday, 10/27/17.
According to Robbery Squad detectives, on 10/27/17 at 12:30 P.M., JuniorGhirawoo, 33, (no current address) entered Chase Bank located at 654 FranklinAve. in Franklin Square, approached the teller and handed over a demandnote. The teller called over to the bank security guard, who detained thedefendant until police arrival. There were nine employees and nocustomers in the bank at the time of the attempted robbery.
No injuries were reported.
Subsequentinvestigation by detectives revealed that the defendant was responsible for thefollowing bank robberies:
- Monday 11/07/16 ChaseBank 239-39 Linden Blvd., Elmont
- Monday06/05/17 Chase Bank 239-39 Linden Blvd., Elmont
- Monday07/03/17 Chase Bank 136 Fulton Ave., Hempstead
- Monday08/22/17 Chase Bank 136 Fulton Ave., Hempstead (Attempt)
- Thursday 09/07/17Chase Bank 49 N. Franklin Ave., Hempstead
- Saturday10/07/17 Chase Bank 136 Fulton Ave., Hempstead
- Tuesday10/10/17 Bank of America 248 Post Ave., Westbury (Attempt)
- Tuesday10/10/17 Chase Bank 239-39 Linden Blvd., Elmont
Ghirawoo is being chargedwith six counts of Robbery 3rd Degree, three counts of Robbery 3rdDegree (Attempt) and will be arraigned on Saturday, 10/28/17 in First DistrictCourt, Hempstead.
Detectives request anyonewith information regarding these crimes to contact Crime Stoppers at1-800-244-TIPS. All callers will remain anonymous.
Details by: Det. Gaertner/Robbery Squad 10/27/17/2200/7740