The Public Information Office reports the details of an Unusual Incident that occurred on Wednesday, January 09, 2019 at approximately 11:51A.M. in Great Neck Plaza.
According to Police, two Nassau County POP Officers were visiting the Best Bagel store located at 40 Middle Neck Road. While inside, one of the Officers’ carbon monoxide detectors began to detect a reading. The Officers evacuated the store which consisted of approximately five patrons and five employees. Vigilante Fire Department was called and responded to assist in the detection and location of the source of the gas. The fire department discovered an excessively high reading-600ppm(parts per million) from within the store which can be a fatal level. The source was determined to be a faulty boiler.
There were no injuries reported. The business will remain closed until further notice while the condition of the faulty boiler is corrected.
Details by: Public Information Office 01/09/19/1700/7336