The Nassau County Police Department advises the closure of the following roads on Sunday September 19, 2021 for the Long Island Marathon Weekend.
LI MARATHON 2021
FULL/HALF ROAD CLOSURES
SUNDAY SEPTEMBER 19, 2021 / RACE STARTS 7:30 A.M.
All road closures are ultimately decided by the Nassau County Police Department. Roads may be closed earlier, may remain closed longer, or may reopen sooner than the times posted below. All times listed are approximate.
Road Closes Reopens
Charles Lindbergh Blvd. 7:00 A.M. 1:30 P.M. (Entire Loop)
Earl Ovington Blvd. 7:00 A.M. 1:30 P.M(Entire Length)
Merrick Avenue 7:00 A.M 1:30 P.M. (Hempstead Turnpike to Stewart Ave./Park Blvd.)
Park Blvd.*** 6:30 A.M. 9:00 A.M.(Hempstead Tpke. Entrance)
Park Blvd. 7:00 A.M. 1:30 P.M.(Merrick Ave Entrance)
• Meadowbrook State Parkway exits and entrances to and from Charles Lindbergh Blvd (Nassau Coliseum, Nassau Community College and Eisenhower Park exits) will be closed from 7:00 A.M. until 1:30 P.M.
• Meadowbrook State Parkway exit to eastbound Stewart Ave will be closed from 7:00 A.M. until 1:30 P.M.
• Eisenhower Park's Park Blvd. will not allow through traffic as noted below. Public parking in the Park will be permitted until 6:30 A.M. from the Hempstead Tpke entrance and until 7:00 AM. Via the Merrick Ave entrance
• Eisenhower Park’s Park Blvd will be closed at the Hempstead Tpke entrance at 6:30 A.M. until approximately 9:00 A.M. Once re-opened, through traffic to Merrick Ave will not be permitted until approximately 1:30 P.M. however access into and within the Park itself will be available.
• Eisenhower Park’s Park Blvd will be closed at the Merrick Ave entrance at 7:00 A.M. untilapproximately 1:30 P.M. Once re-opened, through traffic to Hempstead Tpke will be permitted.