- Second Precinct
- About Precinct
About second precinct
7700 Jericho Turnpike, Woodbury, NY 11797
The Second Precinct covers the geographical area from Old Country Road to the Long Island Sound and from east of the Wantagh State Parkway to the Suffolk County border.
Contained within this geographical area are the following communities: Incorporated Village of Bayville, East Norwich, Hicksville, Jericho, Incorporated Village of Lattingtown, Locust Valley, Oyster Bay, Plainview, Syosset, Westbury and Woodbury.
The following communities (and college) within the borders of the Second Precinct are each patrolled by their own police departments: Center Island; City of Glen Cove; Muttontown; Old Brookville covering Brookville, Cove Neck, Matinecock, Mill Neck, Old Brookville and Upper Brookville; Old Westbury; Oyster Bay Cove which additionally covers the Incorporated Village of Laurel Hollow; and SUNY College at Old Westbury.
Areas of community interest within the Second Precinct include:
- Bailey Arboretum, Lattingtown
- Garvies Point Museum and Preserve, Glen Cove
- Gregory Museum (Long Island Earth Science Center), Hicksville
- Holocaust Memorial and Educational Center of Nassau County, Glen Cove
- Planting Fields Arboretum State Historic Park, Upper Brookville
- Raynham Hall Museum, Oyster Bay
- Sagamore Hill National Historic Site, Oyster Bay
- Theodore Roosevelt Bird Sanctuary, Oyster Bay
- Young’s Memorial Cemetery (Theodore Roosevelt grave site), Oyster Bay