To serve the people of Nassau County and to provide safety and improved quality of life in our communities through excellence in policing.
A statement of the expectations we have for the Department and ourselves as members of the Department.
THE DEPARTMENT AND COMMUNITY
In our vision for the future of the Department and the Community we strive to:
- Maintain and enhance the confidence and trust of the people we serve.
- Continually strengthen and expand the partnerships between the police and the communities we serve.
- Maximize community participation in identifying problems, developing solutions, and establishing relevant Department priorities and policies.
- Effectively resolve problems of the communities we serve while protecting life and property.
THE DEPARTMENT AND SERVICE
In our vision for the future of the Department and its services, we strive to:
- Maintain and enhance the Department's tradition of excellence in police service to the community.
- Recognize the need for change aimed at developing innovative, effective and cost-efficient methods to deliver police service and to resolve problems.
- Seek community feedback and input on the quality and effectiveness of police services.
- Continually pursue excellence.
THE DEPARTMENT AND ITS MEMBERS
In our vision for the future of the Department and its members we strive for:
- Involvement of all members at all levels in identifying and resolving problems.
- Dedicated, well trained, well equipped, and well led members achieving excellent results through excellence in policing.
- Professional development for each member of the Department.
- Mutual respect among all Department members.