The Fourth Squad reports on an arrest for a Burglary that occurred on Sunday, May 7, 2023, at 4:45 AM in Cedarhurst.
According to Detectives, Officers responded to a call of a suspicious person near the intersection of West Broadway and Derby Avenue. Upon arrival, Officers observed a male subject now known as defendant Edwin Griffin, 59, exiting the rear yard of a residence with a nail gun and electric bicycle. Officers sustained injuries during the course of the arrest as defendant Edwin Griffin was violent and combative while resisting arrest. The injured Officer and defendant Edwin Griffin were both transported to a nearby hospital for assessment and treatment.
Following an investigation, it was determined that defendant Edwin Griffin was responsible for multiple Burglaries in Nassau County on the following dates and locations:
- May 4, 2023- 40 Washington Avenue, Cedarhurst
- May 3, 2023- 110 Cumberland Place, Lawrence
- April 3, 2023- 343 Summit Avenue, Cedarhurst
- January 4, 2023- 226 Oakwood Avenue, Cedarhurst
- January 4, 2023- 335 Forest Avenue, Woodmere
- January 4, 2023- 315 Forest Avenue, Woodmere
- January 3, 2023- 120 North Wood Lane, Woodmere
- January 2, 2023- 138 Hards Lane, Lawrence
- December 3,2022- 235 Broadway, Lawrence
- October 27, 2022- 19 Pine Street, Woodmere
- October 20, 2022- 226 Oakwood Avenue, Cedarhurst
- June 29, 2022- 544 Monroe Street, Cedarhurst
- May 15, 2022- 6 Lakeside Drive West, Lawrence
- January 4, 2022- 317 Linwood Avenue, Cedarhurst
- December 17, 2021 – 218 Linwood Road, Cedarhurst
Defendant Griffin is charged with fifteen (15) counts of Burglary 3rd Degree, Assault 2nd Degree, three (3) counts of Burglary 3rd Degree (attempt), Petit Larceny, two (2) counts of Obstructing Governmental Administration, Resisting Arrest and three (3) counts of Criminal Trespassing. He will be arraigned on Monday, May 8, 2023, at First District Court, Hempstead.